Associate Director's Welcome
Welcome! I am proud to lead the Facilities Operations and Maintenance (FOM) division’s diverse team of dedicated and professional men and women. We take great pride in all we do to support our many clients and strive to exceed the expectations of all The University of Texas at Austin’s campus communities.
In order to exceed expectations, it is critically important that we all share a common understanding of those expectations. In recent years, resources have been constrained and/or reduced, while new facilities, programs, and increasingly complex systems have been added. I intend to focus the unique skills within all three of the division’s branches on the stabilization, and ultimately the reversal, of these divergent trends. It is fundamental for the long-term good of the university, our clients, their missions, and FOM personnel.
To achieve this endeavor, we must recommit ourselves to a number of initiatives:
- Clearly communicate the levels of service provided by FOM to the campus community.
- Based on these levels of service, refine a preventive maintenance program that efficiently manages the risk to the university's core mission for the life of the facility.
- Train and support our people to ensure they have the tools and knowledge to meet the increasing technical demands required and provide incentives to recruit and retain the most qualified technicians.
- Quantify and communicate the risk we accept or avoid that result from the effectiveness of the initiatives above.
The challenge is daunting and the solutions are complex, but the consequences of denial are extreme. Fortunately, for me the challenge is its own reward. We have before us a great opportunity to transform our operations, allowing us to reach new heights of excellence, efficiency, and client satisfaction while ensuring the university's mission continues uninterrupted. We will do all this, seamlessly, to ensure our students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to change the world each and every day.
I sincerely thank you for the part you play in this effort.
Putting it All Together
Facilities Operations and Maintenance teams consult each other to solve problems, generate new ideas, and share information. This consultative approach extends to those we work with outside of our division, too. Overall, Facilities Operations and Maintenance supports:
The University of Texas at Austin's mission, core purpose, code of conduct, and values of learning, discovery, freedom, leadership, individual opportunity, and responsibility.
Financial and Administrative Services' mission, vision, and core values of diversity, innovation, integrity, service, stewardship, and teamwork.
These form the cornerstone of how Facilities Operations and Maintenance (FOM) delivers services, how our team manages work, and what we expect from every team member.
Our branch teams are:
FOM is more than meets the eye:
- Collaborative stakeholders in the university's academic and research missions.
- Technically proficient in large-scale and complex facilities operations and maintenance.
- Good stewards of the university's time and money.
|Campus buildings maintained:
|Gross sq. ft. maintained:
|Avg. annual work orders completed: